So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Possessions



Possessions (April 7-May 5)

Purpose: Purge our STUFF! Get rid of so much stuff that we have, but don't need!

I will sell or donate 9 items every day during this period.  There is an area wide garage sale during this month.  I will allow up to two weeks counting toward this, but nothing more. Anything that does not sell during the garage sale gets donated, it will NOT come back in the house.  That leaves 2 weeks of 9 items a day to sell or donate. If anyone knows a worthy cause or a family in need, please let me know.  I am looking for a worthy cause. The first week of the month will be nine items a day, the middle two weeks will be garage sale stuff, and the last week will be nine items a day.  I know we have WAY too much stuff, so I don't anticipate the first part of the month to be too bad.  The week after the garage sale should be interesting.  Since nothing gets to come back into the house, I might be getting rid of things that I can see a need for them elsewhere, but didn't really WANT to get rid of. 

 My family will be semi-participating in this month also.  They won’t be required to give 9 items a day, but they will be required to go through and purge, purge, purge. I am excited to see how God opens my eyes to other's needs, and what effect it will have on my kids.  

Side note: Eric is totally excited about this month.... he wants to give away or sell (or pitch in a giant dumpster) everything! When I decided to have this master plan of the nine month fast, I think he would have wanted me to do possessions every other month. :)

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine 9 things a day. Does "giving" a meal count too? Are there categories?? Anyways, proud of you....glad you are blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kind of waiting to see what God wants me to do. I am hoping an opportunity presents itself, and if meals is included in that opportunity, then I guess the answer to that is yes :). The first week i am picking a different "category" per say each day and doing something with it (i.e. day one was shoes... 47 pair, but in the same category). I anticipate the last week (after all the garage sale donations have gone out) to be a challenge. Hoping God makes it clear what to give and to whom. We shall see. Thanks for being my faithful (and only) follower. ;) I might be writing this for you and me to read everyday ;)

      Delete
  2. Nine a day made me sit back a bit. I know we have too much stuff too and when I do purge I LOVE how much better everything feels! When I was a teen I babysat for a family that really exemplified this for me. It seemed like they didn't have tons of stuff, but the stuff they had was really nice. It's remained a great picture of how I'd like my house to be. :) I'm interested to see how this goes for you. I'm pretty sure you will LOVE the simplified home.

    ReplyDelete