So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 13




Singing Christmas carols, coloring and eating sugared cereal (because it is Saturday and we are allowed to do that in our house on Saturdays) all before 6am on Saturday morning- this is why Saturday morning cartoons were invented! I am NOT, repeat- NOT a morning person! I would stay up all hours of the night and be super chipper and get lots of things accomplished, but mornings… forget it. In our house, the TV does not come on in the mornings unless it is Saturday.  Then Saturday morning rolls around and you don’t even have to wake mommy and daddy up, you can just turn on PBS kids or an approved movie.  This means I can usually make it until at least 7:15 before someone is hungry. But, when there are no screens in your house, there are little people that want help coloring or breakfast or something of the sort. So I am quoting my scripture this morning and wondering why “making of the most of EVERY opportunity” has to come so dang early on a Saturday morning!?!?!

So the day got progressively worse.  My kids may, or may not, have witnessed my head spinning in circles with flames shooting from my eyes. J I had a super fun day all planned out, and all my plans kept getting messed up and we got to do basically nothing fun with lots of driving in the car for no reason. Ugh.  To top it of my “amazing” kids from a couple of days ago… yeah, they failed to make an appearance today. Lots of rough housing and extreme listening issues. All of this resulted in Landen giving Brayden a black eye, the house trashed, Addi had a bloody lip from a fall in the parking lot, me yelling like a crazy person, no dessert, and early bed times (though I did let the boys put out their Leprechaun traps… I’m not completely heartless). I really wanted to curl up with a Dr. Pepper the size of my head and Hulu.com and the last 4 (yes 4) episodes of Grey’s Anatomy. But, alas, I resisted and decided to head to bed early too and pray no child comes in crying in the middle of the night and that they sleep past 6am.  Thankful for a new tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment