So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Possessions: Day 17



Today was another delivery day. Returned some items, gave a couple of gifts, had some door prizes for MOPS, and two X-large bags for Goodwill. My favorite part of the day was walking into MOPS (late… of course… I don’t like to be tempted by all of the yummy food) and seeing the room that I set up FULL of stuff yesterday, it was almost all gone! It was a super great feeling!!! I don’t know if one person wiped out the whole joint or if 30 people got to get something, but regardless, someone else that had a use for the things in the room got them, and that was a good feeling

MOPS door prizes
1 John 3:17But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? This month is has become very apparent how utterly blessed we are with possessions, to the point of obtaining so many things that we could wildly bless a small community, and it feels so good to give it to people that will utilize their purpose, rather than have them sitting in a closet, or container, or basement. God has a great way of giving you that “good feeling” inside when you have done something for Him. Not saying it is always easy, but MOST of the time, you have that little feeling of peace that only God can give. Thankful for that.

So I made a commitment (not sure if this was a verbal commitment or one in my head… but a commitment none the less) that I would not bring anything into the house that was not consumable during possessions month. Thus far, I have done a good job of this in the past 2 and ½ weeks.  Today I was so tempted! The speaker at MOPS today was talking about hospitality and had some very lovely give aways.  Normally, I would be in the corner praying my name was drawn to get something cool and lovely for free. Today I was praying my name was NOT drawn because I didn’t want to turn something down that was cool and lovely and free :). BUT alas, my name was drawn. As to not be rude, I gladly accepted. When I got to my table, Delisa (a MOPS mentor you I have laid out my plan and asked to be praying for me) gladly took my most excellent cookbooks and said, “I will keep them for you until Possessions month is over.” I think this is cheating, but I have a week and a half to decide if I give them away or accept them post-possessions month. But I am thankful for Delisa bailing me out of a “in the moment” decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment