So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 11



I just want to say… my kids are AMAZING! Eric wasn’t gone 6 hours when I started feeling sick and 12 hours in it was full blown chills, fever, sore throat, pounding headache.  I wanted to turn on a movie for the kids and sleep but thought I would try to tough through it.  The kids did awesome.  They read lots of books (Brayden was a superstar and read to all the kids… lots of books- yeah for a nerdy kid!), colored lots of pictures, and basically bathed and put themselves to bed.  It only looked like a minor tornado had blown through the house, but even with that, they helped clean up without complaining.  No one ever asked for a screen of any kind.  They are fine without it, it is just me using it as a crutch.
So I was sick as a dog, and up all night with Addi, who was also sick as a dog. We spent the morning at urgent care with positive strep test for both of us and Addi got the added bonus of a double ear infection. Addi and I spent the entire day in bed together, sick and miserable.  Eleni (who never naps) laid down and took a nap without complaining and found things to occupy herself all afternoon. I am feeling very blessed to have such creative, well behaved children (don’t quote me on this… I might take it back if everyone comes down with strep ). So even in the midst of illness and single parenting, we are holding strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment