So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Possessions: Day 20



I am in a slump. This week and last week were counting toward the garage sale, I knew that and it was in the plan. But, without having a daily goal of 1)this is where I need to purge 2) this is the purpose of my purge today… I am kind of feeling lazy and unmotivated.  Today is the last official day that would count toward the garage sale, so tomorrow starts back up the focus again (I hope).

Through this fasting process (I know it has only been less than 2 months) I can really feel Satan attack in certain areas. When I feel like I am making progress, growing closer to God or learning something about myself, Satan always knows how to knock me down. He attacks me in areas that I am weak… in relationships, self-worth, self-image… it may have nothing to do with the actual fasting focus at the time (though sometimes it does), but Satan knows when you are growing closer to God, and he does what he can to stop it.  Here are the verses I am clinging to today as I am struggling

 Luke 10:19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

And my favorite go to versePhillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.




In other news… I had the awesome privilege to go with Brayden on his field trip to Onagonda Cave today. Two amazing experiences with that… 1)I have a super awesome kid! He really is just an awesome kid with a great heart (and a fascinating, never stops going, brain). He is the smallest kid (by far) in his class and he is just so confident and sure of himself and it doesn’t seem to affect him at all. I could learn a few lessons from him. 

Cold and rainy
2) God has created some pretty awesome stuff! I am continually amazed at how God takes such intricate detail in creating the wonderful visions in nature. The cave was AMAZING and I highly recommend it! Best field trip ever! 
Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment