So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Possessions: Day 11



Today was a good day. I got a ton accomplished… towards possessions month. My house is very quickly falling apart around me (it does not help to be in the middle of a remodel). Today Amber (council member) came out and helped me price any non-clothing items (Thank you Amber!!!).  Everything that was in the basement to sell was priced.  Getting it all set up and organized is a whole new ballgame on Friday (that will probably take FOREVER).

 Before Amber got there I tried to talk the girls into watching PBS so we could get some things done without interruption (because media month is over now… so it is ok to go back to using the TV as a babysitter ;)). Eleni reminded me, in her ever so articulate little voice, “I thought we were no screens during the week, mom?” And yes that is the rule, but I was willing to break it today (shame on me). She, however, was not as willing. So the girls set up their “houses” and they were Rapunzel and Tinker Bell (who are also best friends at our house) and they read books, and planned picnics, and had a merry ol’ time. My kids are so good at teaching me lessons.  It appears they learned more during media month than I did.

Girls enjoying some reading time.

This happens when unattended for a period of time, expensive "stickers" on every finger!
So as we were pricing in the basement, it was relatively calm upstairs and not too disastrous when we surfaced again… or so I thought. The girl’s bedroom looks like a very literacy inclined princess’s closet exploded. Books and dresses EVERYWHERE! So I need to get a handle on my day to day chores and responsibilities while doing the fast.  I feel like I can only be good in one area at a time, and today it was not household responsibilities.  It is a process, I hope to get better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment