So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 18




We went almost 48 hours with no vomit, then last night round 2 hit.  Both the girls were throwing up all night.  This morning, Addi and I had a really great morning.  Eleni was still feeling very sick and taking a nap, so Addi and I got to have some one on one time.  We  read lots of books at this house (Eleni’s 3rd birthday party was a “Library Girl” party), but this  month, with the no TV and all, we have read an abnormal amount of books. So Addi decided she would read to me (Addi is 3 year old by the way… and super adorable if I do say so myself). So she brought in a big pile of books and told me to lay down in the bed so she could read to me.  Some books were very accurate to the actual story (these would be the “favorites” that get read multiple times a day) and some were a hilarious version of what she concluded from what was going on in the picture.  She “read” one entire book just making noises, no words, to depict the facial expressions of the person on each page. All this to say… on a normal month during a stretch of illness through our house, we would be on day 8 (8!!!) of people lying on the couch watching movies because we didn’t feel good. But we are not. And if you look at my journal over the last 9 days… think of all the things that I might not have thought about because I was zoned in.  I’m just saying… there are times that I loath this month, but most of the time, in reflection, I think it has been wonderful for my family and my personal growth.

 One of the best children's books of all time... a must read!

That being said… here is the texting conversation that occurred with the council today:

Me: “Ok council… Legal or not legal? I am in charge of treats for Easter parties for two classes next week. Can I search Pinterest for Easter treat ideas? The * by internet said school and work purposes. What’s the vote?”
Amber: “Well I would say that qualifies as school for sure ---that being said--- you are a walking Pinterest---are you sure you don’t already have ideas you could use? And if not, give yourself a time limit to find something easy. Like 30 min max on Pinterest. Nothing more—looking for the “better” idea. J cause it will suck you in for longer if you don’t. My two cents.”
Melissa: “I’m in agreement with Amber. Rack your brain first then if nothing, set a time limit on Pinterest.”
Becky: “I agree. It qualifies, but I also thing you could come up with fantastic ideas without it. I bet you have ideas already of what you could do. However, with the sickness and single parenting you have had to endure- I say setting a timer and using someone else’s ideas is legal.”
Dana on the Phone: “Don’t you already have and idea?  What about those cute sheep? (Me: “I did those last year. I want something I haven’t done”)I think you can come up with something.  If not, just Google images for Easter treats… don’t use Pinterest, it’s dangerous.”
Me: “I do have ideas… But is stuff I have done before. I wanted something new and cute… But alas I am convicted. Where is my council member that says, “do it Cass! You can’t let your creativity be limited!” J If my kids hate me, I am blaming ya’ll.” ;)
Amber: “LOL. We said it was legal!!!! J Set a timer!!!
Dana: “You are too easily convicted. I wouldn’t have asked….”

I must admit… I do miss Pinterest. There are just so many good ideas and cute things to make that I have yet to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment