So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Monday, April 15, 2013

Possessions: Day 8



Today was the first official day of not giving away 9 items a day.  It is garage sale week, and I am in garage sale mode… or at least trying to be. The first floor is in the middle of a remodel (aka… disaster area. My couches are in my kitchen if this helps explain in any way how well I am functioning in this space). I don’t do well for extended periods of time not being able to function “normally”. And, as usual, when I am very overwhelmed by the daunting task ahead… I will just find something else to do (a much more manageable project). So today, as I finally have a pantry in the house (the washer and dryer have been moved downstairs-thank you most excellent and skilled husband :)), I have moved everything from the outside (garage) pantry to the inside(newly completed) pantry. 

 The amount of food thrown out because it was expired or stale is ridiculous.  Again, food wasted (money wasted) this month is becoming so obvious. It is not cute and organized in labeled containers or matching baskets at this point (the housing repair envelope is beyond empty)… so those things will have to wait. But everything is in and functional at this time.  So, tomorrow starts kitchen clean up (as much as possible) and going through my bedroom for things to get rid of at the garage sale on Saturday. I have a feeling this is going to be a long week, but excited to see what God is going to teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment