So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Possessions: Day 18







Complaint for the day: We have no living room furniture… seriously… zero.  Our living room is literally wood sub-floors (because of the remodel) with a TV in the floor and blankets in the corner. We sold it all at the garage sale. I am ready to have a couch to come home and sit on, but the garage sale didn’t make enough mullah to get a new couch… so blankets it is until I figure out where that money comes from (poor planning on my part, I know, I thought we would make enough at the garage sale).
TV, patched but unpainted walls, sub-floors and blankets... that's it!

Truth: I cheated today. I have a 6 year old boy that is EXTREMELY rough on clothes and shoes. The clothes (that always come home with the knee blown out) I give him the benefit of the doubt.  He is usually the 3rd or 4th little boy to be wearing them (thank you to my hand-me-down sister and sister in laws), so he gets a free pass on pants. But when it comes to shoes, most little boys don’t make it to the “hand-me-down” stage. So Landen gets new shoes.  I went to help him tie his shoes yesterday and his SOCK was sticking out of the end of his shoe! This is the 3RD pair of shoes this year!!! Brayden has always lasted an entire school year with shoes, so this is a whole new concept for me. I thought I could figure a way to make him last until at least the end of possessions month. So I put him in his shoes that had the seams coming apart (that he does not like and proceeded to complain about wearing them to school) but no exposed socks, only to have him come home from school with basically no front attached to the shoe. So, today I bought him, yet another, pair of shoes as to not go to school with exposed toes.
This seems absolutely ridiculous, seeing as we just gave away almost 100 pairs of shoes to different places this month, but there was nothing in this boy’s size.  I felt like a majorly cheated, but I did it anyway.  

The need for shoes...
The cheat!
I also have been avoiding Target like the plague, because it is seriously so difficult for me to go in that store without buying something (they just have such cute stuff and reasonable prices). But I managed to leave with only chocolate (which is consumable, and that is legal) and the shoes. 

Fail: My children are afraid I am going to give away everything they own.  We were cleaning the girl’s room today.  All toys went in baskets to be sorted (because they have not been purged yet) and all clothes went into a giant tub to be sorted and either put away or donated.  Addi and Eleni both started crying. “We love our toys. I love that shirt. I love the skirt. Please don’t give all our stuff away.” I’m not really giving it all away, just sorting and purging some stuff. The girls have way more toys than fit in their room. But I am afraid I am creating hoarders because they are afraid I will give everything away. I should probably work on my approach. :)
All the toys from the girls room... I have no idea how they all fit in that tiny space?

Speaking of hoarders… I found this pile of beauties stashed behind/under/and in the bottom drawer of the dresser in the closet of the girl’s room. For anyone who doesn’t believe we gave up electronics for an entire month… here are the colored pictures to prove it… about a million and one of them (and I have pitched many before I found this lovely stash). Ahh…. Memories of media month…
Sooooo many color sheets!!!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I love all the coloring sheets, I can't get my boys to color and Lord knows I have enough coloring books. So I don't count that as cheating....You didn't bring anything in for YOU, your son needed shoes....(you said you didn't give away a pair that fit him)---So this is a need for him. Now keep up the non-consumable fast for you and the things not really needed---and you won't be cheating. Love you....

    ReplyDelete