So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 4



We played play doh, played the lava game for about 45 minutes, two rounds of Candy land, a game of Chutes and Ladders, colored 374 pictures from the coloring books all before 11am. This fast is beginning to make me question my parenting abilities.  I am actually realizing that I use the TV as a babysitter WAY too much at my house.  This is a sad, but a freeing discovery. I actually think I probably already knew this, but not having it to fall back on makes it blaringly obvious.
Chutes and Ladders turned into a fist fight in the boys room today…Lord help us.  We need time to decompress away from each other after school.  Normal routine: home, talk about the day, snack, 30 minutes of PBS then homework.  Today: home, talk about the day, snack, Chutes and Ladders in the boys room (no girls allowed), lots of crying by the girls, fist fight between the boys, screaming by the mom, everyone to their beds, mom sitting alone on couch with head in hands.  I need to figure out a better way for everyone to “veg out” before we begin something structured.  They have already been structured all day.  Today, I missed my TV “veg out” time.

No comments:

Post a Comment