So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 12








The weather was GOREGOUS today-  75 degrees. The girls and I spent the morning doing laundry and delivering St. Patrick’s Day treats to school then we played outside all afternoon.  So much sidewalk chalk and bike riding was accomplished on this fine day. We even entertained a neighborhood boy for a couple of hours.  We could not have asked for better weather today.

 

So normally our Friday nights are pizza and movie nights, so tonight we headed to the local Dollar General and everyone picked out a new coloring book. We had princesses, fashion fairytales, transformers… and then there was Brayden.  He had no interest in a coloring book.  I told him if he could find something that was $1 or less, not a toy, on the book isle, and he could use it while we were coloring at the table… he could have it. Magnifying glass for $1 it was. He spent the first 15 minutes of coloring time searching for gray hairs on my head… children really know how to humble you. After 8 attempts (and by attempts, I mean the hairs were actually plucked from my head) of non-successful gray hair retrievals, he was banned from “gray hair hunting” for the night.  We had frozen pizza and a giant 2 hour coloring session.  It was super fun! We talked and colored and laughed until it was time for bed.

I put everyone down, and was not feeling up to reading and I was bored… kind of wanting to just turn on some TV I have been missing for a couple of weeks (because Eric is 6 hours a head so it is the middle of the night for him- no chit chat about my day for him) or jump on Facebook because I am feeling very disconnected from adults this week with the illness and no other grown-up at my house to talk to.  Then my friend Melissa (council member) calls and we got to have a nice long, grown-up conversation and I feel all refreshed and ready to go.  It was the perfect way to end the day.

Sidebar: My friend Dana (council member) has a husband, Seth, who has decided to jump on board (though has referred to me as Scrooge on more than one occasion about the “rules” of media month… whatever Seth… I didn’t ask you to participate.  It’s not my fault that basket ball is important to some people during the month of March or that Duck Dynasty plays a role in your life).  Seth has been super helpful in coming up with Bible verses to go along with each month’s fast.  So I spent a little time yesterday making a cute craft with the verses on it to hang up so I can make sure I have them memorized by month’s end.  Hoping to do it with each month… we shall see. 

Be very careful, then how you live- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.  Eph 5: 15-17


No comments:

Post a Comment