So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 24



Made Resurrection rolls, great conversation about Christ's resurrection and awesome visual for the kids!
Today was a good day.  Lots of errand running and time at the library. Everyone picked out new books to be reading over the next week.  We also got the next 2 books in the Chronicles of Narnia series. We finished The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe today.  They kids had me read at breakfast, this afternoon, and then finish it tonight.  I was trying to see if any of my children could put the biblical connections to it… so as we got to the part where Aslan is sacrificing himself for Edmund, at the end of the chapter I asked if this sounded like any story they had heard before.  Brayden (my eight year old) said, it sounds like something from the Bible. Landen (my six year old) said it sounds like Jesus.  Because he gave himself just like Aslan gave his self for Edmund.  Seriously don’t know if I could have had a prouder mommy moment today.  Yeah to the six year old that is making the connections.  I always think they are too young to fully understand, but they (the children that I tend to think are not ever listening to a single thing I say to them) do get it. This is all in perfect timing with Easter on Sunday.  It was a great intro into a conversation about the crucifixion and resurrection. God really does line everything up so nicely, doesn’t He? I didn’t even want to read this book to them, I thought it was a bit too old for the whole crew… but Landen begged and so we did.  It not only has been a great family time, but a wonderful opportunity to talk about more important things. Landen asked tonight if after media month we can still read chapter books at night. J It is working folks… for all of us!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear about your experience! I read the Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe to Lucy. Lincoln didn't pay much attention and Lola didn't even notice. We will definitely try them again sometime.

    ReplyDelete