So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Life is a Journey

I know I am about 5 years behind, but I am brand new at this blogging thing, so bare with me.  I have decided to embark on a new journey, and I wanted to start a blog to keep track of all my thoughts and adventures during the process.

So here is the particular journey I have set out on (in a nut shell):


The 5-7-9 Plan 

Purpose: To take a serious reflection on my life and what God intends me to do with it. To be aware of where I am spending my time, effort, energy and money on and what I make a priority in my life. Grow in Christ and put Him in EVERY area of my life.
 

 
This idea was spurred on by Jen Hatmaker’s book: 7.   Super amazing book…. Changed my life. So I have decided to use her book as a guideline.  5-7-9 comes from a lot of things.  7 was the original idea… taking seven areas of her life and then using the number 7 to fast in some way each month.  Well…. I struggle with keeping to one number. :)
I have 9 areas in which I will fast.  Her 7 areas plus 2 areas I struggle with. Each month will have 5, 7, or 9 as my basis of things to give up or give away or stick to…. You will understand more as we go along.
I will have a council of women that I use to help me make decisions as I go along.  My council consists of: Missy, Dana, Melissa, Becky, and Amber. These women are people I trust to help make Godly decisions with a wide range of discipline and personalities to help balance it all out.
I hope to be journaling and/or blogging  daily during this process to help me be able to better reflect on areas I struggled with and what God taught me, because let’s face it… we don’t always see it when we are going through it.
Here is a rough outline of the areas I plan to touch on… the council will help me fine tune it as we go along.  Some areas I will include my entire family in, some will be my individual area.


Areas that I will fast/work on
1-Technology/Media
2-Possesions
3-Clothes
4- Food
5-Waste
6- Business/Risk
7-Stress/Rest/Me
8- Spending
9-Duties/Responsibilities



Each of the 9 areas of fasting will be done for 4 weeks with a one week break in between each area.  Media/Technology month just ended. I journaled during that process (since I wasn't allowed to be online) and will post those journal entries to read.

Thanks for taking time to read my thoughts.   



No comments:

Post a Comment