So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 26



The last couple of days we have stayed busy.  Media month has been eye opening in many ways.  It really has just been made blaringly obvious how much I use technology and for what purposes I use them.  There will definitely be a re-evaluation of how much of it is put back into our regular routines, but I must admit (and so will the kids) that there are thing we have LOVED about media month (all the extra family time, book reading, new things we have tried) and things we HATED about it (the inconvenience, my lack of getting things accomplished, all the pre-planning). I think the thing that I missed the most was the ability to just veg out and not have to think of things.  I am not always where I want to sit and read (though I do love books), but reconnected with the books on CD this week and have had the opportunity to just lie on the couch and listen when Eric is not here. There will be lots of evaluating over the next week to decide the new routines with technology.

I will say having to come up with things to do makes us venture out.  It has been spring break this week.  Normally I would have let kids enjoy down time in front of the TV (while I am on facebook or pintrest) but we have done lots of going different places, visiting with friends, playdates, having people over…. We have connected with people and experiences this week rather than catch up on our TV time. It has been nice. Busy, but nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment