So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 23





Ugly rice krispy treat nests.
I cursed council and media month as I sent the ugliest, most uncreative treats to school today for Easter parties. I get the point of this month, but I am also seeing the value in the internet.  It can be a HUGE time waster and distraction, but it can also be very helpful and make things move more efficiently. So the ugly treats were sent and no creative or crafty gifts for teachers, just flowers and candy.  Hopefully I can redeem myself before the end of the year.

Ugly cupcakes... do not judge!




In other news, I guess I cheated, but I didn’t have any guilt about it. We are starting on our cabinet/kitchen renovation this week and I had to pull a picture off pinterest to send to the painter (which just so happens to be council member, Melissa’s husband). I also repined the picture so I could find it again.  Honestly I was surprised I haven’t got a text or a phone call of “cheating” but I didn’t broadcast it… so maybe no one notices. It took about 45 seconds and I didn’t even get to do anything fun or look at anything cute or yummy.  It was just something that had to be done to make the work go efficiently this week. So that is that.

Tonight Eric and I both looked at each other with headaches and long days of running around and report writing and said, “wish we could just veg in front of the TV.” But instead we ate ice cream and I read a couple more chapters of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to the kids while Eric lay in the floor. The kids (even the girls, as young as they may be) are loving reading chapter books together.  They beg me all day to read it.  We always read books, but I think this (reading the chapter books at night) might be something that carries on after media month is over.

We are out of school for the next 6 days. I am praying that I find things to keep them busy, but have fun. The boys have started a “Science” club. Much like the Ninjago Club (though they do not have official cards yet) but the sign on their door that once was for “Ninja’s Only” is now “Warning! Scientists at Work.”  They said they are learning how to be mad scientists… but the good kind. There is still snow on the ground, but it is supposed to be warming up. Hope it is an enjoyable spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment