So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Spending Month: Day 28



Well, I made it to the end. And of course there were some uncomfortable parts along the way, but overall I didn’t feel overwhelmingly deprived this month. I managed to make it to the last day without eating out, and then I let my mom buy me Simone’s. I mean you really can’t go to Eldo without eating Simone’s, right?

We also shopped in a store outside the limits again. But once again, we did not do it with our money and it wasn’t for us. My mom gave the kids money to go shopping for soldiers (her local MOPS group is putting together care packages). Let me tell you, having 3-8 year olds shop for grown men can be very interesting and entertaining (after the fact of course, in the moment it is only frustrating :)). Addi was dead set on sending a leopard print V-neck tank-top with built in bra support. After several meltdowns we settled on plaid men’s PJ pants that had a hint of purple.  We also picked up things like camouflage underwear (Brayden-practical, yet in “theme”), socks (Landen- simple and to the point), and lots of treats and candy (Eleni- the world should be made out of sprinkles and sugar girl). Overall… success!

I was a tad worried going into Thanksgiving with none of our shopping choices in the town we were at, but it all worked out, and we were well prepared. Family in abundance made the entertainment factor easy (especially if you know my family). The weather was beautiful, so lots of playing outside with cousins. The boys in did some manual labor to earn money toward the Fresh Water Well Mission. :)

Eric and I even ran to Eldorado from my mom’s house as a lovely date opportunity with no spending involved.

There was lots of pie baking, eating yummy food, and spending time with loved ones. It was good to spend time with family and I didn’t even have to worry about the fast at all while we were there. It was a nice way to end. 





 



Thanks for joining me on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment