So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Friday, December 6, 2013

Prayer Month: Outline



This month is my final month!!! HOLY COW!!! I have made it to the last month, and I hope to find it rewarding. I really wanted to be finished by the end of the year, so instead of my normal week break in between the fasts, I am only taking one day and then starting the prayers on Monday morning. I hope I don’t regret this. 

I always try to have an idea or goal of what I think I should be learning or what I think God will try to teach me. After eight areas of my life being focused on, and me getting it wrong EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I am just going to trust that God is going to do something wonderful in my life, and the lives of those I am praying for this month (even if that something wonderful doesn’t happen this month). 

Purpose: To take 7 times during my day to pause and focus on communicating with God on things that are important in my life.

Times and Areas to Pause:
6am- Thanksgiving and Gratitude
8am- Being a Christ-like example/making good choice (this is done with the Children)
10am- The Church (both local and “the” church) and Leaders
2pm- Me. My needs/desires/purpose
5pm- Poverty and Orphans (this is also done with the children-sometimes)
9pm- The lost/broken/hurting
11pm- My family

This is a VERY general outline of what my PLAN is (who knows if I will stick with it or if God has other plans).  I have things all listed out in my little notebook for each time I pause to pray. Monday’s prayers will look very different than Wednesday’s prayers… and so on. Some days I have people listed by name to be praying for at certain times of the day, some days I have more general things to be praying for.

Fears:

I will forget. I hope to be able to actually take the time to pray and not get lost in my day and the things that need to get done. It is a very busy time of year, I really hope I make this a priority.

I won’t connect. With God-I pray it is not mechanical and just a read the names of the list of who should be getting prayers for the day. With People-I pray I make some genuine connections and God leads me to people that He wants me to be praying for by name this month.

I won’t see results. I know this is a very real possibility because God does things in His time, not ours. But I would like to have some sort of “sign” that this month/year was purposeful (I have no idea what that even looks like… ).

If you have something you would like me to specifically be praying for, please let me know. I am honored to do it.

I am very much looking forward to this month. I can’t wait to see what God has in store. I am also terrified that this fasting experience is coming to a close. I have no idea what (if anything) is next.

Thanks for joining me on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment