So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Friday, December 20, 2013

Prayer Month: Day 18



It has been a crazy whirlwind last 10 days. And there are only 10 days left of THE ENTIRE 11 MONTH FASTING PROCESS!!!! Excited, scared, nervous, thankful, relived, unsure of what is to come are all the things I think about when I think this “project” in my life coming to a close. 

Let me start this blogpost  by saying my amazing, awesome, Godly council members were so very generous as to take my prayer pauses for me on the day of the Grandpa’s funeral. I did the 6am and 11pm… they covered the entire day in between so I didn’t have to think or pray for anything but my family that day. What a blessing.

It has been very busy… ‘tis the season, right? Between end of the quarter school projects, Christmas activities and parties, and lots and lots of projects for the fresh water well project… we have been busy! At the beginning of the month I would kind of get frustrated when my little “ding” went off on my phone and I was in the middle of something else. I am sad to say I thought, “ugh… have to pray again” when I was busy doing other things. But as of late, the last 4 days in particular… I found it as a relief. When I would hear the reminder chime it was like, “ahhh… a pause. This is nice.”

Another change I see is how often I am “praying” (just chatting it up with my heavenly father) when it is not a scheduled time to pray. I feel like I do it all the time. The set times are just reminders of specific other things to pray about. But I really feel like I am just talking to Him all the time about what is going on, how I should handle things, things I’m thinking about, you name it… I’m probably talking to God about it.  And it is really kind of weird. These are all things that I would probably think about or worry about normally, I’m just in a different mind set of directing EVERYTHING to God. I don’t really think in terms of “how am I going to do this?” or “how can I make this work?” I just think of God and me as inseparable… I wouldn’t imagine doing anything without consulting Him first. “Ok, what’s the plan?” or “how are YOU going to handle this?” or “how will YOU make this work?” And I guess that was really the point of this whole 11 month fasting process… to make us inseparable…. I just didn’t know that was it going in. :) And the great discovery in all this is that we always have been, and always will be inseparable… I just acknowledge it in a way that makes even the small, minuet things in life radiate with the presence of God. And let me tell you from experience, viewing things from that prospective makes life (and all the joys and heartaches that come along with it… big and small) so much easier.

Mike Pace, the preacher at my grandpa’s funeral (and preacher from my childhood) said something that was hard to hear at first, but ever so true and freeing once I thought on it. He said, (and I paraphrase) “This is the day we wait for. The whole point of living life is so we can die and go be with our heavenly father.” So true. Hard to hear when you have lost a loved one, but, so very true. Some of us get to meet him sooner than others, but our entire life here on earth is simply just waiting to be with the Lord.  I hope to do my best to share the love of Jesus with as many people as I can before I get there. I want to glorify God in all of my actions while I am waiting. But my ultimate goal is just to be with Him. And when you think about life like that, it just seems a little sweeter.

This has been an incredible, powerful month. I am so very thankful that I saved this for my final month. I think there were so many lessons that I learned in the fasts leading up to this that prepared me for the genuine transformation of my relationship with the Lord during this month of constant prayer.

It has been an amazing journey, thanks for joining me on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment