So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Prayer Month: Day 26



The power of prayer built a fresh drinking water well for an entire village in the northern part of Africa.  In case you think you didn’t read that right… yes… the power of prayer built a fresh drinking water well for an ENTIRE VILLAGE in northern Africa!!!

"And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded.” -Matthew 10:42

I am going to be the first person to admit that I did not think it was possible. I wanted it to be possible. I prayed for it numerous times a day throughout the entire fast. But from the very beginning (about 7 weeks ago) I have been telling people as we were doing jobs to raise money, “yes it is $10,000… but we will just raise whatever we can and send that.” I really did not believe that God would provide. I thought God would teach us all (me and my children) some marvelous lessons and we able to send “some” money to help out with the water situation, but I really did not think (even though I was praying for it) the goal of $10,000 could be met by Christmas. God has a lovely way of proving me wrong… a lot!

The entire experience was amazing and exhausting. I am not going to lie… when December 23rd came and it was our last day of jobs for the well was here, I was relieved. I am so proud of my children. I wanted to quit, I know there were times they wanted to quit. It seemed that baking and doing jobs to raise money for the well project took up almost all of our free time in December. I just kept reminding them (and myself) that this is something they committed to doing. Things that are good and right are not always easy and fun.  Sometimes we have to give up our Lego building time, or TV time, or sleeping in time in order to do something for someone else.  There were a lot of super great lessons that the kids (and Eric and I) got to learn throughout this process.

The thing I think I love the most is that God has shown me once again, the power of prayer can do ANYTHING! There is no reasonable, logical way that 4 children under the age of 8 should have been able to raise $10,000 to provide clean water to village in the name of Jesus… but they did. Through prayer, determination, and a LOT of VERY generous people… we did it! So whether you gave $2 or $2,000 or said a prayer for our mission, you helped spread the love of Jesus to an entire village in Africa. Thank you!

Christian Relief Fund said that the well will be built at the end of January/beginning of February and they will send us pictures. I am so excited! I’m not sure if I will still be blogging (my last day of the final fast is Saturday)… because I am not sure what I would blog about. :) But I might come back and share pictures with anyone that wants to see them.

I am starting to get very emotional at the ending of the fast. It has been an amazing year, though one of the most difficult in my life.  I have been attacked by Satan in numerous ways I did not think I could handle. But, I have grown closer to God than I ever dreamed possible. My last day is Saturday. I’m not 100% sure what God’s plan is for me following this journey, but I am thankful He took me on it.

Thanks for joining me on the journey!












No comments:

Post a Comment