So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Prayer Month: Day 28



Well… it’s over. It was a long, emotional, prayerful day with a very anticlimactic end as I sat at 11pm and prayed for my marriage during the credits of a Harry Potter movie. I’m not sure whether to be relieved or sad. It was such an insanely difficult year with so many trials and heartache… but I also learned more about myself (both good and bad) and grew closer to God than I ever have before in my life.

I also thought I would have some great new adventure that God presented to me as the “next” thing, but He didn’t (sorry for all those disappointed… I was a tad bummed to). I will say that He has made some things very clear. Certain people to reach out to (and most of the time this is not the fun hang out with on the weekends kind of people… it is the hard, probably seems awkward, maybe even fear of being physically hurt kind of situations), or things/situations/people to continue to daily lift up in prayer. Things from EVERY SINGLE MONTH of fasting that improved me that I should continue on with... or start again if I have stopped while focusing on another area.

I have some things that God is nudging me to do… but they are a lot of things that are putting my iron in the fire and wait to see where God takes it. I don’t like sitting and waiting or not having a detailed plan lined out (ask my husband… this is painfully true), but that is what God has asked me to do… so I will.

I am going to spend sometime over the next week or so re-reading all my journal entries over the last 11 months.  I hope to come back and write a reflective entry at some point. This has been a year of tremendous growth, and I appreciate all of you that have joined me on this wild ride. I hope that in some way it has made you think, or challenged you, or encouraged you in your relationship with God. Thank you so much for taking time out of your lives to join me on this amazing journey. It means more than you will ever know.

 So whether you eat, or drink, or give up electronics, give away possessions, wear 9 articles of clothing, eat only fruit, veggies, and meat, recycle everything, limit your spending, evaluate all roles in your life, take care of your physical and spiritual health, or pause 7 times a day to pray… or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. (ok… maybe not exactly scriptural… but now you get to read the verse how I read it. :)) 1 Corinthians 10:31

1 comment:

  1. Love you Cassie Kriete! Thanks for every journal entry and sharing your heart honestly. Can't wait to see what is in the fire.......of course I understand waiting is no fun!!! But can be very glorious in the end.

    ReplyDelete