So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Monday, December 23, 2013

Prayer Month: Day 21



This prayer fast has been amazing. I have seen things happen that I never dreamed possible through the power of prayer this month.  God is moving mountains on my behalf and for others this month… and I can hardly contain my excitement!

For some reason I am always surprised when God answers my prayers. I guess it just goes to show that I have a lot of work yet to do in the faith department. I asked God to show me specific things and people that maybe I was not thinking of to pray for… and of course He did. People that I don’t think about all the time, very out of the blue are on my mind constantly for days. When I reach out, almost every single one of them has something going on in their life that they could use specific prayer for. Even through an add in my FB feed… I saw a shirt with a saying that I just love (and I think I will establish as my life motto) “Be the Change you Hope to See in the World”. So fantastic… isn’t that they way it should be. As Michael Jackson said, “I’m starting with the man in the mirror.” You can only be in charge of your actions… so why not start there. Anyway… through this add, upon further investigation, there was a big long story about girls in India and sex trafficking. So guess what is taking up a lot of prayer time at 5pm? God works in wondrous ways (even if it is through and add for a cute shirt on FB).

God has also used my little “ding” when it is time to pray as a great reminder of what His purpose is. I was sitting listening to a conversation that I was about to chime in my “two cents” (that was absolutely of no benefit to anyone other than to make sure people knew how I felt…not constructive or loving) and then what do you know… literally as I inhaled to say my “thoughts” the chime went off to pray. He is so great about that ‘perfect timing” thing… isn’t He?

I am on my final week of the prayer fast and the entire journey will come to a close. What an amazing way to end… and during the week of Christmas… could not be more perfect!

Thanks for joining me on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment