So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Prayer Month: Day 8



Today was a rough day. My grandpa died today. Today was a lot of praying, but not for anything on the list. Just praying for my family, and our loss. My grandpa was a great man that loved the Lord. He was very sick, and for my grandpa… I am so glad he gets to go home to Jesus. He has lived a long and full life, and he was ready to go. But it is those of us that are here that I cried for today. Those that will be lonely without him, and will miss him everyday.

I am 2 weeks shy of my 33rd birthday, and until today I have got to spend almost 33 whole years of my life with all four of my grandparents living and in my life. I grew up in a town where both sets of grandparents lived, and they were a part of every holiday, special occasion, milestone, church every Sunday and just everyday living. That is such a blessing that most people in this world do not have… I know my children are not blessed with that. It’s a thing that I very much took for granted during my youth. But over the past 10 years or so, I have really treasured the fact that I have had a unique gift that not everyone does. And I am thankful.

So, tonight as I stood in line to pay for two little girl black dresses for a funeral, and my chime went off on my phone to pray, I just let tears roll down my face. I pray for those hurting with the loss of a wonderful man, but also a prayer of thanksgiving of no more suffering and no more pain for a man who was tired and ready to go home.

We love you and we will miss you grandpa. Rest in peace, until we meet again.


James “Jim” Walker
May 21, 1931- December 10, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment