So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Monday, July 1, 2013

Food: Day 16

More than half way done! I am discovering the shift in the attitude/perspective of the fast which is good. The food part (like preparing and knowing what I can and cannot eat) is no longer “hard” per say… I can appreciate the good, wholesome food. I no longer feel hungry. I will say I am kind of a picky eater, so I am not hungry, but I am getting bored with the same foods that I have been eating over and over again. I am hoping to venture out a bit in the next couple of days and cook a few new recipes. :)


Date night with the Hubs!

I managed to make my way through our date with no cheating. Broccoli and steak for dinner, I passed up on the salad and dinner rolls (which my husband had no problem eating my share). We went to the movie… we are “sneak candy into the movie” kind of people. Walgreens candy isle and Eric’s decision making was pure torture. (Don’t worry Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Caramel… we will meet again… don’t give up on me, I’ll be back.)
Favorite indulgence of all time....

I had some good finds at the Farmer’s Market on Saturday morning. I managed to pass up all the delicious baked goods and the man cooking kettle corn and stick with the apricots, peaches, and zucchini. God gave me some BEAUTIFUL weather to run in that morning, and a great run full of a good one on one conversation with Him about this fasting thing. It really is all about the attitude… some days I have a much better attitude about it than others, but on the whole I really think it is getting better. This brings me to a confession…
Yummy Farmer's Market finds.

I made my husband hide the scale. Sad but true. I have said all along that this fast is not about losing weight, but I wouldn’t mind if I dropped a couple of pounds. Well the other gals that are drudging through this thing with me (who by the way both think it is really difficult too) are either loosing weight or feeling so much better/healthier. I am neither of those things. This week I just kept waiting and waiting for the pounds to start coming off… weighing myself multiple times daily(I know this sounds so pathetic… even more so now that I have typed it out...ugh.). My focus was in the wrong place, shifted away from fasting for the Lord and back to the “all about me” mode. So, I asked Eric to hide the scale. This way I am not tempted to see what is happening (or not happening as it has been) with my weight, and back to the focus of the Holy Spirit working in me.

So this comes to the give away! I had a little craft night with my friend Melissa. Normally it would have been a fun night that included peanut butter M&M’s (pretzel M&Ms for her) and a tall frosty coke. Instead it was full of cherries and sugar snap peas and water… and you know what, it was still fun and a great time visiting and crafting until midnight.  So here is the canvas up for grabs!


12x12 canvas

3 Chances to win… Here is how to enter:
1.)   Follow the blog and tell me you do so.
2.)  Share this on facebook and tell me you did so.
3.)  Let me know of something you have fasted, or are considering fasting and how it impacted you.

Make sure you leave your name in each comment (leave a separate comment for each entry) on the blog (not on the facebook page) and a winner will be drawn on Wednesday night.

Thanks for joining me on the journey!



5 comments:

  1. I love the hiding the scale thing. I'm seriously considering it. I've had a few friends and co-workers who have done the whole30 thing and I have been temped to do it. I'm not gonna lie, it scares me!:) Sounds like you're doing great, and I follow your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog and look forward to your new entries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am past the drawing date, but I did share on my Favebook timeline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As for fasting, I am on my 7th and final day of fasting seven "C" comfort foods: coffee, candy, chocolate, cake, chips, crackers, and cookies. The hardest by far were cookies and coffee. Once I got past the caffeine withdrawal headache on Day 2, I was fine. I learner that a lot of these foods are a part of mindless smacking or laziness to make something more healthful.

    ReplyDelete