So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Food: Day 22

So 2 days in the car makes me very aware of my mindless junk food snacking habit. I miss Cheez-its and the treat of being able to get something (anything really) from the gas station when we stop. I mostly miss gum... oh how I miss gum. The mindless chewing of nothing when you are bored in the car for 2 days.

We made it to Colorado! Our first night we stopped in Limon, Colorado. There was NOTHING there. Everything there was locally/family owned, which is completely fine unless you stop on a holiday (like the 4th of July) and every family business takes a holiday day. We ended up eating dinner at a place called Oscar's Pub and Grille... options were limited for a fasting approved meal. I ended up pay $20 for a small steak, with potatoes (3 forms of them) as the only option for sides.  I don't even like potatoes, and they smelled good. I also forgot my plate and fork for my salad at the roadside park earlier that day. I managed to widdle a fork out of a celery stalk and get the salad down. :) Food on the road was a little tougher than expected.

Once in Colorado, our fabulous hostess, Dana (also a council member),  had a fantastic fasting approved meal good to go for the evening. Also, being in the heart of granola country, we made a quick trip to Sprouts and the Vitamin Shop where there was a plethora of choices of Lara bars and Sweet Potato chips for the numerous outings in the next few days. It should be a good week. 

Congratulations to Tiffany Strubberg! Your name was chosen for the "I Need Thee" Canvas.

Thanks for joining me on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment