So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Monday, May 6, 2013

Possessions: Day 28



Well… possessions month came to a very anti-climatic close. The wholes in my knees kind of put a damper in the delivery process (the moving in general process). I managed to get 18 little cupcakes out of the house on Friday, and have been pulling clothes for a family that lost everything in a fire, and have some give aways for the next MOPS meeting, and it’s teacher appreciation week… so there will be lots of things going out this week… but it just didn’t end how I pictured.

I learned lots of things this month. I had anticipated it to be the easiest month, but in all reality it was a very difficult month.  Not so much of the getting rid of stuff, but the lessons that I learned and the things I was made aware of about myself were hard to learn (maybe because I didn’t want to learn them or didn’t think I needed to learn them) lessons. It is really funny how giving away 9 things a day can make you evaluate so many areas of your life. I have discovered areas I struggle that I didn’t even know I struggled, I have evaluated relationships and time spent, I have seen the vast amount of things I have been blessed with, I have been sickened with the abundance that I am living in and been blessed by the giving of those things, and I have experienced Satan’s attack in my weak areas.

I will confess I had a small breakdown to my husband last night. You know the ugly cry where you can’t stop crying… that was the one. Fasting is hard. The actual acts that you are doing or not doing can be difficult, but the process… the things that you learn, that God is trying to teach you… it is hard.  The thing I have discovered (just 2 months in)  sometimes it is clear and sometimes it is not, but there is always a lesson to be learned.  The hardest thing for me so far is when God shows me something that I should or shouldn’t be doing… and I don’t want to do it. I like to be comfortable. It is hard when I am pushing boundaries that I am not comfortable with. Unfortunately, God doesn’t call us to be comfortable; He calls us to do His will…. That is not always comfortable.

It is a week off from fasting, a busy week, but no fasting.  Next week starts clothing and I must admit I am very nervous about this one. I will have some conversations with the council this week to help iron out some things I am struggling with for the next month. 

Hope you all have an amazing week! Thanks for taking the time to read.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit...I wondered if the outfit I saw you in at the zoo was going to be the SAME outfit you'd be wearing all month ;) GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete