So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Possessions: Day 26



Spent lots of time here this week
Library returns
Well it has been a full week of purging and cleaning and painting. Lots of late nights, so I haven’t been able to journal like I want this week. I have made several trips to Goodwill this week, returned 15 books to the library, and have thrown out 4 trash bags of stuff. I have also donated about 9 million hours of time (tad exaggeration) to my husband as his personal assistant in this painting debacle… we officially have a yellow kitchen and a blue living room. Floors will go in this weekend… hopefully.



Tuesday night the weather was gorgeous and we had the opportunity to all go to the Cardinal’s game with a group from school.  It was the girl’s first Cards game, and the boys were excited to see kids from school there.  Girls got to see a home run and Cards brought home a win… awesome family night!

Yesterday Brayden had a well visit at the doctor, so I pulled the boys out of school early and we had a mommy-boys date day.  It was some good quality time.  They helped me make another delivery at Goodwill, enjoyed some ice cream at Paradise (the weather was like summer, nice ice cream outside weather), headed to the library to check out some awesome “boy” books, and then hung out at the doctor’s office for a bit.  It took a while to see the doctor, so we made good use of the paper gown they give you by turning it into ninja head bands and showing our moves. Never a dull moment with these boys!
Boy's enjoying their ice cream.
awesome ninja moves at the doctor

Today’s plan was to finish purging adult clothes (it’s almost done) and start in the basement craft section (there is so much to do down there). But, I discovered that Satan comes in all forms… even asphalt.  I was running in the dark last night and I was on a not so well lit street when I bit it… hard.  I still had about ½ mile or more to the house, so I kept running.  When I got home and could see in the light, I knew it wasn’t going to be good. I have holes in my knees to the bone, so off to town we went. An ER trip, 9 stitches, and a couple Vicodin
later… I was on my merry way.  Today I can’t move… literally can’t bend my legs, so that makes for a difficult day of purging.  I’m not sure how the next couple of days will look with the possessions thing, but I am sure I will figure something out.  I knew the last week would be difficult… just didn’t realize it would be because of a physical inability to move up and down stairs to purge the items intended.

Post stitches... I won't gross you out with before pics :)







This is Cassie on Vicodin


I have a thing on FB that provides me with “Daily Messages from God” and I literally chuckled out loud when I got mine today… You can stay strong through misfortune. When times are rough, don’t fight it. Have patience. Storms wreak havoc in every life. But if you bend with the storm like a blade of grass and allow it to pass, soon you will stand upright again. So… though I am not “bending” super well today, it was a good reminder that I can get through this little hiccup and will find ways to give away possessions for the next couple of days. 

It has been a fantastic month, very freeing. I have learned a LOT about myself, and got rid of a TON of stuff! It’s only a few more days before a week of rest and another area of fasting.

Thanks for stopping by for a read!

1 comment:

  1. wow! Can't believe that was your message for the day. coincidence? I think not. Love you and proud of all you've done this month. I NEED to follow your lead...but not sure I'm as motivated yet......

    ReplyDelete