So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Clothing: Day 7



It’s been a busy week.  Here are a few lessons I have learned when limiting yourself to 7 articles of clothing (because lets face it, shoes and a swimsuit are not things you can wear independently and feel comfortable answering the front door in).

1-    If you have little “helpers” in your house, especially the kind that like to play dress up… keep your designated items in a convenient, yet out of reach location to small hands.  I was about 30 seconds from going to the doctor’s office in my sundress (only clean article of clothing) and running shoes.  My helpers “put my shoes (sandals) away” for me… 20 minutes to locate them.

2-   Do not paint unless you plan to do it in the nude. Day 4 I have yellow paint all over my black shorts (my only shorts for the month). Eleni keeps asking me why I am wearing dirty shorts.

3-   Be prepared to do laundry while in your swimsuit or the nude… it might come to that point… even in week one.

4-   If you allow yourself a cheat day (actually 3 hours) do not, I repeat NOT let the 5 year old with a dramatic sense of style choose your outfit!

It was a good week.  The clothing thing is a little harder than expected.  People keep telling me that they think this month would be really easy, but it is not as easy as it sounds.  I guess if I never sweated or I didn’t have small children that wiped their nose on my shirt or if I never cooked anything (because apparently I can not be in the kitchen without getting food on my clothes) then it might be a tad easier, but that’s just where I am.

Some things that I missed this week:

1-Comfy sweat shirt. I miss being able to toss one on in the mornings to run boys to school or in the evenings to hang around the house.

2-My hats/hair scarves… I knew I wore them a lot, but I cant tell you how many times this week I have really wished I could just toss on a hat or hair scarf, but no go.

3-Earings… weird I know. But there is something that just makes me feel a little more put together when I put on earrings.

I got my stitches out (YEAH!!!) which makes it much more comfortable to wear clothing that covers my knees. No more clothes catching and pulling. I did ask the doctor if I could start running again and he laughed at me… apparently it needs to heal a bit more, but we are on the right track.

Dana, my best friend and council member (also fasting clothes) is here!!! She flew in yesterday and is here for a fun girl weekend!  It is nice to have someone in the same boat, feeling the same clothing pains, under the same roof. 

Eleni had her garden party today. Party was a success, and the premeditated cheat occurred today. Yesterday I tried to talk her into letting mommy dress like a gardener… like the overalls, floppy hat, and gloves kind of gardener. That wasn’t really in her plans… so we went with the giant blue flower head band, green dress, and my fun apron from Craft Weekend. I did manage to talk her into the comfy shoes (since they were pink) instead of the heels. If I do another premeditated cheat… it will be more comfortable. :)

Thanks for all the encouragement and the “you are not alone” sentiments from the last blog. It is a process and a journey… just trying to keep it real. Loving some of the very unexpected doors God is opening during this process.




Thanks for joining me on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment