So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Clothing: Day 2



These stitches might be the ultimate frustration of clothing month.  Most things I chose for the month cover my knees, well my stitches keep getting caught in my clothing and pulling. I am so ready for them to be out. Hoping to get them out this week! 


 In other clothing related news… I re-organized my closet. I have all my clothing clean b/c I only have the few items to be wearing this month. Can I just say, even after Possessions Month, I still have way too many clothes.  I organized by color (which I have never done) and I have way too many black, gray, and/or brown things.  I got rid of an additional 43 items last night. 

I think I have decided that is how Possessions month will carry over. Once a week I will take a certain area (much smaller than during possessions month so it seems more manageable) like my closet, or t-shirts, or socks… you get the idea. But I will try to spend some time each Monday purging items. And speaking of carrying over… we are doing fairly well with keeping to the no TV during the week (unless it is rainy)from Media Month. It is something that I am enjoying and being frustrated with all at the same time :).

It was Eleni’s 5th birthday today.  I have no idea how that much time has passed?!?!? It makes me sad that they are all growing up so fast, but excited for this new season of life and what that might bring with it.  We had the traditional birthday doughnuts for breakfast, and she chose Dairy Delight for her dinner choice. She requested “no yelling” on her birthday… and reminded me 3 different times during the day as I started to raise my voice to “remember, I asked for no yelling… and it is my birthday.”  This was surprisingly not frustrating to me and I think maybe someone should request it every day so that I can continually be reminded of it. :) She also decided she was going to learn how to ride her bike with no training wheels today. She picked it up in about 2.5 seconds. She just got on and started riding… already a pro!

It was a nice day, with beautiful… no jacket required weather! Success for day two!

Thanks for reading and joining me on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment