So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Monday, May 13, 2013

Clothing: Day 1



Well… day one and I am already wishing I would have chosen a jacket. I was cold all day today.  Hoping it warms up a bit.  It makes me very thankful that I had blankets to cuddle up in this afternoon while taking my Mother’s Day nap. :)

All the reasons I get to celebrate Mother's Day!
It was a great day and no clothing pains thus far… but it is day one and everything is clean and ready to wear. I did want to pull my hair up and wear something in it today, and missed not being able to but on jewelry on to dress up my very plain sundress… but nothing drastic or devastating today.

I did have a rough time in church this morning. The songs and the sermon I feel were directed to me… I think God knew I need the specific message this morning. Talking about resting and letting God be in control…. What a struggle for me. I love to have it planned out, know what we will be doing next or what the “plan” is… I think God just wants me to trust Him. That’s what this about… trusting Him and letting Him teach me lessons through this fasting process. Our songs this morning were Obsession, Just to be with You, and I Need the Every Hour… man, oh man… boy do I need Him EVERY hour. I was boo-hooing like a baby by the end.

I sometimes get so focused on what the task at hand is(keeping the screens off, getting rid of the items, sticking to the designated clothing items) that I loose track of why I am doing it. I have decided this month to spend specific time in prayer about self image and comparisons (whether with others or the idea of what I feel I should be) every time I get dressed this month. As I get older I struggle more and more with the idea of who I think I should be verses who I am.  Not just in a physical sense (though I struggle with that too), but on the wife, mother, friend, or just Christian example that I should be, but am not. I don’t know if that means being content in areas or if that means making changes to be the person I should be, but I am hoping for great clarity and wisdom on what this means for my life. This is definitely an adventure.

Thanks for reading and joining me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment