So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Friday, November 22, 2013

Spending Month: Day 18



Well, I did it. I had my little, “I can’t spend money where I want to spend money” pity party! I had a doctor appointment in the city today. I had a sitter all day for Addi (because those things usually take forever) and the big 3 were in school. It was the fastest doctor visit ever… in and out in less than an hour. So that left me with a whole day, in the city, kid free…. Except I couldn’t spend money. 

I wanted to go out to eat… not on the list. My husband offered to pay from is separate account, but that still felt like cheating (because of the his money is her money and her money is his money thing)… so again, not on the list. I wanted to do a little Christmas shopping… not on the list. I seriously had no idea what to do with myself. So I threw myself a pity party, got gas (because it IS on the list) and went and picked up Addi. 

I want to tell you some awesome lesson I learned, or how God showed me something miraculous about myself today, but it didn’t happen. It is most likely because I was having a really bad attitude and not really opening my mind or heart to learning anything. 

So that’s it… 8 months and 18 days in and I still have days with a bad attitude and closed mind toward an incredible adventure (that I chose, no one forced me to do this) and learning opportunity. We all sin, and we all fall short. I’m thankful for HIS grace and mercy and a new tomorrow.

Thanks for joining me on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment