So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Spending: Day 3



Day 1 & 2… nothing major to report. Small little “oh man, I wish I could…” moments, but nothing that put me out or I felt like I was missing out on.  We came home and had lunch here on Sunday. That is a rarity for us. We usually eat out and spend the afternoon with Eric’s family. But… Sunday we came home, ate lunch, and just enjoyed each other. The weather was awesome so there was lots of outside time (which was good because now it is really yucky out).  Day 2, nothing major. We spent most of the day at home. Eric took Eleni to dance, so she and I’s traditional post-dance Sonic trip wasn’t an issue, because I wasn’t there. That might be an issue next week.

Today was the first day that was a tad uncomfortable. I turned down eating out lunch, because I knew I couldn’t spend money. In all fairness, the other party offered to pay, but 3 days in, it felt like cheating (that might change 3 weeks in :)). It also gave me the opportunity to tell someone about the fast that I thought didn’t have a clue I was even doing it (I’m always leery of this… I don’t ever want it to come across as a “look what I am doing”, so I find it a hard balance in telling people/not telling people what and why I am doing things.) . Surprisingly the response was, “I know. That’s why I am offering to pay.” I don’t know if it is a pride issue or just they way things were ingrained into me growing up, but I have a very hard time taking things I don’t feel like I have earned/worked for. I think God might be trying to work on that with me this month… uncomfortable!

I also saw 3 different “sales” or people trying to get rid of things on facebook that I probably would have purchased if it was not spending month.  Instead of being bitter about it, I am choosing to use these little uncomfortable or “oh man” moments to pray. I am thanking the Lord for all of His amazing blessing that He has given to our family. He provides everything we need plus so much more. And for that I am eternally grateful. (Please don’t judge me when 2 weeks from now I am writing about how I am bitter… it is bound to happen.)

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Thanks for joining me on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment