So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Me Month: Overview

I am in a season of life where taking care of myself... mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally… takes the back burner. This month is going to focus on taking care of myself so that I can be the best “me” for God.

I really struggled on what to put as my fasting goals this month. Trying to decide what are selfish wants and what are actually things that, by doing them, will make me feel like I am connecting with God.  These will be the things that help me be the person that feels good (in every sense of the word) so that I can give the Lord my best this month. Most of these things I should be doing already, but just don’t make or take the time to always do them. So here is my list:

      1. Pray in bed
-before getting out in the morning
-before getting in at night
      2. Bedtime routine- EVERYDAY!
–wash face
-brush/floss teeth
-take meds
     3. Daily Devotional
     4. Stick to the designated food plan
     5. Stick to the exercise plan
     6. Eat breakfast everyday
     7. 9 hours (at least) dedicated to crafting.
     8. 9 hours (at least) dedicated to a musical project.
     9. No yelling/raising my voice in anger or frustration.

I am now in the seventh month of this fasting process, and here is something that I have discovered…when I try to do things for myself, I tend to fail… miserably. But when I am doing something with the purpose of pleasing the Lord, I may not do it perfectly, but I do it much better, and with much more dedication than I do when trying to accomplish things on my own.  I know this because I spent an entire month with no sugar with the purpose of doing it for God, not me. But when I have tried to give it up since then (for myself of course)… I always cave. Same goes for media, possessions, waste, clothing… all of these things. This really bring the meaning to the verse in 1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether you eat, or drink, or WHATEVER you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. If I would just live every moment for the Lord, I wouldn’t have this problem… the failing problem I mean.

I am hoping that by putting these daily tasks, that I should already be doing, as an offering or discipline for the Lord, it will help me be the best “me” I can be.  Here is to a good month!

Thanks for joining me on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment