So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Me Month: Day 6



I have kept my yelling to the minimum this week. Only 3 slip-ups in 6 days… not too shabby. And in every one of those, I caught myself the moment I raised my voice, apologized, and then we move on.  It has changed a few things around here though… for example, when we are running late and a certain 3 year old will not keep her head still to part hair for piggies… I do not yell… she just has really, REALLY crooked, messed up hair. It is not the end of life… there are more important things. :) 

I literally laughed and then said, "Whatever!"
Also, my children have been dealt consequences for actions on a much for frequent (and consistent) basis since I started the “no yelling”. I tell them once… and since there is not the option of it escalating to a yell, the next time I have to ask/tell them something, there is a consequence… so much for it being the “best month of Landen’s life”. :)

I got a bit of craft time in this week… like 20 minutes… and I had a small crafting/playdoh partner… so I’m not sure it counts. But it felt good to accomplish something in the craft department, even if it was only small teacher gifts.

What teacher doesn't need glue sticks, right?
My crafting buddy!
I’ve been sticking to my exercise and food plan…. Though once again, the food is a struggle!  I’m not evening doing anything difficult this time… simply cutting out desserts/sweets during the week. I am having what I call “Sweet Sunday” and will enjoy them on that day, but during the week I am sticking to no desserts. It doesn’t sound difficult (especially considering I did the NO SUGAR AT ALL for a whole month) but it is. I would say it is what I crave the most often and have to spend the most time in prayer about… sad but true.

I had a nice long run Monday morning and a couple of short runs since then. Something has changed in me over the past couple of months with running. I used to LOATHE running. I have only been running for about 2 ½ years… but have never considered myself a “runner”. (I think you have to enjoy the sport to consider yourself part of it. :)) I ran because it is something that I could do away from my children for some quiet time. It was merely a selfish act that I didn’t even look forward to doing! Over the last few months God has really changed my heart towards it. He has shown me that it is not about MY ability or inability to run well (fast or far), but that it is a gift and a privilege to do it at all. There are so many people (me included for a short period of time) that do not have the physical ability to run. I think sometimes God has to take things away from us (even if only for a short time) to make us have a true appreciation of them. So whether it is 20 miles or 2 miles… I can truly appreciate the ability to do it!

She likes to run some, and ride some... my kind of girl!
My Wednesday running buddy!
I had a breakfast everyday so far… which is a big deal for me. One day was almost a cheat… half of a kid’s leftover bagel and a piece of pineapple at 10am… but every other day I managed to actually fix myself a good, well-balanced breakfast!

Praying and daily devotions have been going great! I’m going to dedicate an entire blogpost to this one day next week, so I won’t spend a lot of time on it… but I am getting a lot out of it and God is really opening my eyes to some things!

It has been a great week!  I am even doing/planning things that make me a better “me” that aren’t even on my list… starting with date night tonight! A non-crafting girl’s weekend and a weekend away with the hubs this month! It is going to be a great month!

Thanks for joining me on the journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment