So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Food: Day 3



For. The. Love!!! 

Temptations were in full force today. Why, oh why, do you taunt me you buttery, corny, yummy smelling goodness? I had a field trip at the movie theater with all three of my school aged children. Not only did EVERY child in the theater have popcorn and a soda, the price of my ticket came with popcorn and a soda. The poor cashier, who really wanted me to take the popcorn because “you have already paid for it” did not understand… I want the popcorn… I can’t have the popcorn. I finally just walked away from the counter and proceeded to the very delicious smelling theater where EVERYONE (did I mention I was the only one without?) had popcorn. I don’t even usually get popcorn at the movie theater, but it was there just tempting me to take a bite. Grrrrrr….

1st-4th grade... every child with a box in hand!
After the movie, I was saved by a sweet, delicious peach that was waiting for me in the car. I headed to the store to pick up some sugar snap peas (because I forgot to get them the last shopping trip). I headed out for my run. It completely zapped me! I need to figure out a better way to fuel on my designated foods, because it was not a good run, and now I was starving. I managed in the next 45 minutes (while making phone calls and reading) to consume 2 ENTIRE bags of peas. That is 5 servings people!  I think I am going to put on a ton of weight this month just by the shear volume of food I am consuming in order to feel full.

I headed to pick up Addi (I had to drive past Sonic… during Happy Hour… let’s just not talk about it) where she had a wonderful day with Ms. Joy and Mr. Mike. She was telling me all about her day and her special treat of eating lunch at St. Louis Bread Co.  I’m not typically jealous of 3 year olds, but she had leftovers to take home (insert heart palpitations and a parent contemplating stealing a young child's food). And being the kind and generous 3 year old, she really wanted to share. I wanted to throw her cookie out the window, but I refrained.

Then after school came with its own set of torments… not only for me, but my poor children, to whom which I have drug along on this journey (kind of). Curse the Ice Cream Man that drove by my house for 45 minutes with his slow moving truck of yummy temptations and creepy music. You taunt me and my young innocent children… not cool ice cream truck guy…not cool.

Here is to hoping for less temptations (or better attitude towards them)tomorrow.

Thanks for joining me on the journey!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, for your runs, I think several of the "Larabars" are compliant. It might help you to have a bit more energy for those times.
    Dyana

    ReplyDelete