So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Monday, June 17, 2013

Food: Day 1



Holy Moly! This is going to be a long month. I am not sure if it is the fact that I was up all night with a kid with an earache, my husband is out of town on Father’s Day, or the lack of sugar… but a very emotional, cranky, really wants a cupcake monster was awakened at my house today around 2:30pm.  I am so tired and crabby… my poor children. 

Here are the problems I discovered today - I did not prepare well.  Don’t get me wrong, I did my research and know the things I can eat and not eat, and went shopping so I have many of those things in my house. BUT- Last week was a busy week for our family and I did not make the time to plan out meals. I have in my head things that will work together, but I need to do a little more research on options.

Second problem- I have WAY too much stuff in my house that I CAN’T have… that is such a temptation. I was feeding my children a leftover pasta dish for lunch and I seriously wanted to cheat. I know that is sad merely 12 hours in, but I wanted a bite so bad!

Third problem- I am having a hard time feeling full. I ate a TON of fruits and veggies today, but it wasn’t until I prepared myself a meal tonight (that included meat) that I felt full. Even then, 3 hours later I am hungry. :( I need to find some recipes for fulfilling meals. Pinterest might get a good long visit tomorrow.

All the food I ate today I enjoyed. It was delicious. I just find myself wanting those things I can’t have, regardless of how good the things in front of me are. Aren’t we like that with so many things in our lives? Always longing for something we don’t have, even if what is in front of us is absolutely wonderful.  It’s like Abraham Lincoln said, “We can complain because the rose bushes have thorns, or we can rejoice because the thorn bushes have roses.”  It’s all on how we choose to look at it. 

So I am going to try to have a better attitude tomorrow. My prayer is that I am thankful for the wonderful things God has provided, and stop wishing I had something else.

Thanks for joining me on the journey!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Lincoln quote Cassie! I keep telling myself that I am working toward a more natural diet, but my progress is so slow. Food can be sooooo tempting!

    ReplyDelete