So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Me Month

So... I took a little break from blogging. I've still been fasting and keeping notes and taking pictures, but life has been busy and I have been focusing on the fasting part and not the blogging part. :)

The last two months were waste month and media month... I hope to catch y'all up on how those went and what I learned, but I'm going to jump in where I am and hope you can learn something right along with me this month.

This is Me Month. Sounds kind of like an oxymoron with fasting so let me explain a little...

Purpose: To focus on my spiritual, emotional and physical health.

This is something I struggle with. I think a lot of women struggle with this. We get busy with everything that needs to be done for all the people around us that depend on us, and we kind of push ourselves to the back burner. This month I am giving myself permission to focus on how I am doing spiritually, emotionally, and physically... and is what I am doing in those areas glorifying God?

This month is a little different that previous months. I'm not really setting guidelines or rules to follow, more of a list of things that I would like to accomplish/focus on in each of these areas of my life. Some of them are one time things, some are daily, some are goal oriented. I prayed a lot about these things. Honestly when I started more than 6 months ago, I had in mind what this month was going to look like, and... well... life changes and the Lord shows you things you didn't know you needed to know and gives you things you didn't know you needed. So here we are 6 months later with a very different looking list than originally thought. :)

So, without further ado... here's my list for the month:

1. Study/journal my way through the book of James.
2. Keep a gratitude/prayer journal for the month (everyone in my family is participating in this and keeping their own journals this month)
3. Read a book for entertainment purposes.
4. Take a kid-free/work-free trip with Eric
5. Take a day trip for myself
6. Revise, organize and utilize my Brain in a Binder
7. Create something (and not for a birthday party)
8. Learn a new piece on my trumpet
9. Beth Moore Bible Study through church
10. Brush, floss, face washing routine, and vitamins EVERY night (even if I fall asleep on the couch)
11. 80oz (at least) of water daily
12. Train and run a half marathon*

My solemn prayer for this month is that, even though this fast is a "me" fast... I want the focus to remain on the Lord. I pray that focus stays on how He has blessed me and the gifts He has given to me, and I do not turn it into an excuse to be selfish or self-centered.

I hope to take you through some of these that might need a bit more explanation as we go along and keep you up with my tasks as we head through the month. I'm excited and a bit nervous... focusing on myself tends to make me uncomfortable and shut down. Praying I keep the focus on the Lord and all goes smoothly (as smooth as fasting can be ;) ).

Thanks for joining me on the journey!



1 comment:

  1. A mother can't take care of her family if she herself is spiritually empty. So fill up and be refreshed! I've missed reading about your journey, so glad to know you are well and progressing. Remember what the Lord said to Martha, sister to Mary, that Mary had chosen the good part. It is good to take time to be with the Lord and drink deeply from the well of living water. May His blessings be with you.

    ReplyDelete