So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Food Month Conclusion

Food month was so hard for me y’all! I learned things about me that I maybe didn’t want to know, but that I need for them to be brought to light. That’s the dread and beauty of this fasting journey aim on. I know there are things the Lord wants to teach me that aren’t always the easiest to comes to grips with... what the call “the ugly truth”.

So what is a hard truth I learned? I’m lazy. I may not always act lazy in every area of my life, but my natural tendency is to be LA-ZY! I noticed signs of it throughout this month, but by the time I got to week 4, and the thing I am dreading most about “living off the land” is not eating the same foods over and over or having to go purchase things every two or three days, but the absolute dread (and sometimes willingness to go hungry) over having to prepare and cook EVERY. SINGLE. MEAL! Once I realized this was a problem, I started noticing it it in many areas of my life (sadly, most of my domestic responsibilities).

But what I hate and  really made me sad/disappointed was how lazy I have become in committing daily quiet time with the Lord. It’s a hard truth. I think sometimes I try to justify it by “I don’t have time with all my worldly responsibilities” but y’all... bologna! I don’t make the time, or use my time wisely. It’s a really hard smack in the face... and I plan to fix it!

My wonderful friend (and council member) Missy sent me a great post about stubbornness being my great spiritual discipline. Quite honestly I KNOW I am incredibly stubborn (my husband can attest to this truth is there is anyone in denial of it), but I had never really thought of it as a spiritual discipline until now. I pick these things each month that are things I struggle with, and I commit them to the Lord. I know some people think I’m crazy, lots of people don’t understand, lots of people just think it is dumb... but I pray and seek what it is the Lord wants to teach me, I commit to following through for 28 days at a time, and fervently pray that the Lord opens my eyes in a way that has not been done before.

Y’all... most months, my stubbornness is the only thing that gets me through the month without cheating or giving up! These things I choose, they are hard for me (not for everyone, but definitely for me). I choose things that I know will stretch me and grow me because I want to be faithful to the Lord and not just get caught in the vicious cycle of survival until the next stage. For me, being stubborn, in some ways, looks like being faithful. Keep on doing what may seem ridiculous to those around me, but is a commitment to the Lord... even if it is hard and sometimes feels pointless. Sometimes it is just a matter of not quitting. So I’m going to keep on not quitting, because that is sometimes the only thing I have to give.

The next month is waste... and is a full family involvement month!

Thanks for joining me on the journey!


1 comment:

  1. Your openness about your weaknesses is so refreshing! I applaud you and commend you for taking these hard journeys. It's true that we can't change or fix something if we refuse to look at it squarely and admit we have a problem. You just keep being stubborn in your desire to follow the Lord and live the life you desire with Him. You are inspiring! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete