So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Last Month of Fasting Journey

 We are entering the last month of this fasting journey, I am both very excited and a little sad. I am so excited about this month, Prayer.  I am excited to see what the Lord will do and what He will show me, but a little sad to see it come to an end.

The Purpose of this month is to take 7 intentional pauses a day to focus prayer in 7 specific areas of life. I know things have been revolving around the number 8 during this fasting journey, but I read the verses in Psalm 119:164-168 (I really love how the Message puts it)

Seven times each day I stop and shout praises
    for the way you keep everything running right.
For those who love what you reveal, everything fits—
    no stumbling around in the dark for them.
I wait expectantly for your salvation;
    God, I do what you tell me.
My soul guards and keeps all your instructions—
    oh, how much I love them!
I follow your directions, abide by your counsel;
    my life’s an open book before you.


This just felt like seven was the right number to pause and address the Lord... so we are going with seven. :) 

Here are my times and topics

6am- Prepare my heart and mind for the day. Ask the Lord to help me accomplish what HE wants me to accomplish that day and be aware of opportunities that He puts in front of me.

7:30am- This will happen with my children on the way to school. We will pray for their teachers, other students and that the Lord will show them ways they can be used for Him.

10am- My husband, my marriage and other marriages (both specific and in general)

12pm- Our leaders. Church leaders and government leaders and their families.

2pm- The sick and the orphans of this world (both specific and in general)

6pm- (dinner time with the family) Sock mission, the people of Kenya, the homeless, and the people that we should reach through this ministry.

10pm- Prayer of thanksgiving. I will thank the Lord for blessings in my life.

I am excited to see how the Lord moves through the power of prayer. I invite you to join me at any or all of these times to pray this month. And if you have sometime you would like me to be praying for this month, please let me know, I would love to be praying for you.

Thanks for joining me on the journey. 

1 comment: