So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Friday, June 15, 2018

Oh the Excess...

So I finished the last week of clothing... Here are the highlights.

The kids had a long weekend that was warm for most of it (rained the rest). I was really wishing I had a swimsuit so we could have gone and done a water something, but we managed to make the best of it and have some fun family time hanging around the house.

We had Green Day at school. Jax and I spent the day helping at school, and thanks to a tip from my lovely friend, Gay Smith, and a little elbow grease and Dawn dishsoap… my green shirt was back in the lineup of clothing options.

I feel like I have lived in my red dress. I have worn it about 60% of the time. I have done a lot of things month in a dress I wouldn't typically have done. I lived a lot of life in that dress this month. It is debatable whether I will cherish it for years to come, or burn it in a ceremonial sacrifice. :)

Friday was our Run Club's 5K. I wore the same gray t-shirt and black running pants I have worn every Run Club practice. I managed to get through the crazy day of prep, survive running a 5K with the kids in 90 degree heat, and getting pegged by 120 water balloons all in that gray t-shirt and running pants. If it were any other month, I definitely would have picked something different to wear, something a little more sweat and water friendly... but I survived.

My baby sister surprised me and came in for the weekend! I managed to have clean clothes to pick her up from the airport and then wore the red dress to church on Sunday... again. But you know what, even though I wore the same red dress 4 Sundays in a row... not a single person noticed or mentioned it. Just goes to show, I think about what I am wearing WAY more than anyone else around me notices what I'm wearing.


I spent the entire last week going through all of my clothes. Friends... it made me ill... actually nasuous… the amount of excess I live in. I packed away my entire maternity wardrobe, threw away 4 things that were not wearable by anyone, and donated 127 items of my clothing (some still new with tags). I went with the method of purging from last month's fast: if I don't love it, use it (on a regular basis), or wouldn't buy it again then it went into the donation pile.

Y'all- there is still a solid 2 months of clothes I can wear without ever having to wear anything twice. It is too much. I just made it through an entire month on 7 articles of clothing (6 for a majority of it). Why on earth do I own so many clothes? And why, for the love of all things good, have I wasted soooo much money in this area of my life?

From this point on, there will be a monthly purge. And if any new clothing comes into this house, 2 things will leave. I learned clothes and the amount of them are not really important. It is more important about the work being done. (though I'm pretty sure I knew this, it was just made abundantly clear this month)The Lord has a lot of work for me to do here on earth, I'm pretty sure he doesn't care if I am doing it in running pants and a t-shirt or a dress.

Food month is next!

Thanks for joining me on the journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment