So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Routine and a Long Weekend



We are trying to establish routine here. Eric went back to work and the kids started swim lessons. This has been an adventure on all accounts.  Eric finding a good route to work and adjusting to the new leave/come home times, and us trying to maneuver around southern Maryland.  Day 1 of swim lessons I forgot my phone. I thought I knew where I was going, but when I drove across the bay to the indoor water complex (or what I thought was the indoor complex), it was indeed the library for that county. :( I was slightly panicked because I don’t know my way around and I didn’t have my phone to guide me, so I went old school and went in and asked for directions. All was good and we arrived on time.

The kids love the huge pools and their teachers. They also love that they are required to wear swim goggles… that makes them feel pretty big. :) Eleni was in tears when she found out she had to wear a swim cap. She thought it was going to be ugly and embarrassing. Thankfully the swim team was practicing and all the girls in swim caps helped the transition. 

So we had scheduled mornings and lazy afternoons.  Movies, pedi/mani time with the girls, a library trip, and a trip or two to the Amish market. All in all, a good first week getting things back to “normal.”

A long weekend was a good start to the scheduled week. We have… dare I say it, friends!!! We met a fantastic couple from the church we went to and hit it off. They have a couple of kids and they play marvelously with ours.  We hung out on Friday and ended the evening with lovely fireworks over the bay.

They came back on Saturday to help assembly the patio furniture. Already using them as manual labor… must be real friends, right? We had and impromptu campfire and s’mores. It was a good weekend. 

Thanks for all the prayers this week. I did have a couple of really rough, homesick days. I really appreciate all the texts, phone calls, and messages. The weekend gave me hope. It won’t always be lonely and horrible here, it’s just part of this adventure.


 Thanks for joining me on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment