So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

5 Things I Like About Living Here...



I’m going to be super real here… the title of this blog was going to be “101 Reasons I Hate Living Here”. I am in week three of this gig, and let me tell ya… I am struggling… hardcore. I have cried every single day since I have left. Some days I get by with a few silent tears, and some day it is the full on ugly cry. When you know ZERO people to the place you move… well… it just stinks. There are so many things that I don’t know or have to figure out. I know it will all be ok some day, I mean people move ALL. THE. TIME. And they survive and eventually even thrive, so I know I can do this… but today was a really hard, weepy, full on ugly cry (multiple times) kind of day. 

So I looked up “thankful” in my Bible’s index. Surprisingly there was only one verse. Hebrews 12:28. I know there are tons of things in the Bible about being thankful, giving thanks, or thanksgiving… (which is what all the tons of verses are actually under)but just the one for Thankful. 

 Hebrews 12:28- Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 

So I guess if Jesus is willing to die a horrific death to ensure that I can “receive a kingdom that cannot be shaken”… I can choose to be thankful.
So on that note…

101… no wait… 25… not there yet… 10… eh… let’s go with…

5 Things I Like About Living Here

1.     There is a super cool Amish market that sells amazing produce, just 5 minutes from my house.
2.    The grocery store chain, Giant, has a money saving program with Shell gas station.  Did just regular grocery shopping and now I get to save 20 cents a gallon on gas. The more groceries I buy… the more I save on gas.
3.    My kids have a big yard and a flat driveway… they have never had that and they are thoroughly enjoying it.
4.    We are close to the beach.
5.    I have a lot less stuff in boxes today than I had a week ago… and that can only get better as time goes on.

I’m sure there are 101 reasons to love this place; I’m just not there yet. I know a lot of this is about attitude… and I don’t always have a good one. Sometimes I just look/think about all the things I miss and don’t have, but I know there are going to be so many wonderful things that come with this move. It is just hard right now. God is faithful, and I know He’s got a plan… and it’s a good one. I’m trusting that He has us here for a great reason… I just don’t know what it is yet. 

Right now it feels like the only reason I am here is because I want to stay married… to the guy that moved here… I am kind of glad he picked me and stuck with me this long, so I guess I’ll stick it out. :) 

This is a hard start to the journey… but a journey none the less.

Thanks for joining me on the journey!

2 comments:

  1. Awe Cassie I truly hope that things start looking up for you guys. We do miss you all but you are right it is all about attitude!!! You are one of the sweetest, most caring, genuine, and upbeat person I have met so I know you will flourish from this move! Just take a moment and breathe everyday and eventually it will all get easier and everything will get better and you will be at 101 great things before you know it!! Praying for your family!! Tell the kids hi and of you get a chance we would love to have your address to pen pal!!! Lol!!! Love you lady! Keep your head up and stay strong, don't get discouraged!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassie!

    We never met but my family attends FCC. Like you, we moved to missouri almost two years ago from Minnesota. Knowing not a soul. I truly understand! I still have a few hard moments. Much much less. But I can say God has been faithful to show us HIS purpose for us here and it was not the job! If you would like to talk I would love to!

    Tanya Loso

    ReplyDelete