So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Roles/Responsibilites: Day 3



Oh. My. Word!!! This month is going to be hard to swallow! I already hate this month (that I thought would be such a great break and really enjoy). You should never, ever ask people what they think about you and/or the roles in your life unless you REALLY want to hear some hard truths. I know this month will enlighten me and be good for me in the long run… but the first week during my “research” phase is a bit traumatizing to say the least. And here is the thing… no one is telling me things I don’t already know about myself or what I should or shouldn’t be doing… it is just tough to hear it!

I will be the first person to tell you I have faults… lots of them! And I fall short more frequently than I like to admit, but Jesus is doing a number on my heart.  I’m still in the bitter “dang it!” phase where I am becoming painfully aware of how much I try to take control and run the show (and fail miserably) as I am examining things this week. But I am hoping that I come out a better woman on the other side.

Here’s to hoping this ends up well (and not in a psych ward:)) by the end of the month!

And to keep my sanity (and because I haven’t posted a pic in a while)… Here is how I know I/we haven’t completely failed as parents! :) Landen made the decision to accept the Lord, and took Him on in baptism Sunday!!! I love how the Lord gives us those glimmers of hope to remind us we aren’t totally screwing them up for the rest of their lives. :)
My favorite moment... Eric was beyond proud and I was a bucket of tears!

Thanks for joining me on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment