So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Honoring Her through Him...

We have a new and AMAZING thing to share with you!

We knew that we wanted to supply the village with some cows and something for the school... but we had been waiting to hear back from our contact on the ground in Kenya to see what the exact needs in for the school there would be. Well, after much prayer for God to make it clear... it is clear.

We are going to build a classroom. And we are going to donate it in my mother's name.

Classrooms are the biggest need right now. A neighboring village, within walking distance, where the young children (grades K-8) from Chemergui that attend school is in desperate need of classrooms. There are more than 60 sponsored children attending school there in need of classrooms. These classrooms are long rectangular buildings made of iron sheet metal. They last much longer than the current mud hut situation they currently have.
This is what the iron sheet metal classrooms look like that will be built

I have been praying and praying that God would show me how to honor my mom this Christmas. I didn't have any clue what that would look like, but I wanted to do it none the less. And when I was chatting with my contact at Christian Relief Fund and she was talking about the needs there and she said the biggest most emergent need is classrooms, I intsantly thought of my mom.
My mom loved the Lord. She also loved teaching children (and educating mother's of young children). She has spent most of her adult life educating children either through pre-school, Parent's as Teachers, or teaching kindergarten. 

My mom also loved her grandchildren and loved to support them. Last Christmas my mom bought socks for all of her kindergarten students. They did a scavenger hunt to find their missing sock to make a match. They talked about Kenya  and the solar pump and animals... and how these socks were so much more than "just socks". My mom also raved about the socks she had bought for herself. That they were so soft and comfortable. When we went through her things after the funeral, as strange of a thing as it is, I took her socks.

It just feels right.

I talked to the kids and told them the need for classrooms and talked about donating it in Marmee's name. They all agreed it was a great idea! I called my dad to get his blessing and he said, "I think your mother would be very proud to be part of this." That's all I needed to hear.

The price tag of a classroom is $2,000... after the purchase of 2 cows, our total price tag is up to $3,000! That is a little more (ok... almost double)than we orginally planned on, but we strongly believe this is what the Lord wants us to do, so we believe He will provide.

So... how can you help? Glad you asked. :)

HERE ARE A COUPLE OF WAYS TO HELP:

1- PRAY! We are almost doubling the amount needing to be raised with less than 2 weeks until Christmas! We need this thing covered in prayer! We have 2 opportunities to sell to the public this coming weekend- Friday evening at the elementary school and Saturday at the middle school Holiday Bazaar. Please pray they are successful!

2-ORDER SOCKS! Online AND in-person sales are still going on all the way through Christmas Day! If you are local- call, text, message- I will get you your socks! I have a ton coming in this week I would LOVE for you to take off my hands! If you are far away (or have family and friends far away) order HERE before December 20th for a Christmas delievery!

3- SPONSOR A PAIR FOR $5 FOR A CHILD WITH CANCER.  For every 3 pairs sponsored that is $9 toward the classroom and 1 pair for a local homeless person. All the socks sponsored will go to a child fighting cancer, donated in my mom's name. Please let me know through Facebook or commenting on this blog if you want to sponsor a pair of socks!

4- DONATE! Socks aren't your thing but still want to see this awesome things happen? We've got you covered! You can send donations to be applied 100% toward the classroom project through PayPal to krietechristmas@gmail.com HERE or you can send donations to:
Cassie Kriete
27595 Avonlea Ct.
Mechanicsville, MD 20659

5-SPREAD THE WORD! If you have already bought socks or donated... please spread the word! Share our story and our mission! Wear your socks! Take pictures and tag me in them! We are relying on you to help us get the word out!

We have some BIG goals to accomplish in the next 12 days... but good news is, we have a BIG God!

Thank you for joining us on this journey!




1 comment:

  1. I would like to sponsor socks! You can reach me at katie.rabaduex@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete