So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, DO IT ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Monday, November 23, 2015

Birthday Countdown! :)

It's 35 days until my 35th birthday... and for the first time in many (many, many) years I am excited for my birthday this year! I LOVE birthdays... just not my own. But this year is going to be different. I have some fun things planned leading up to the day, and I hope to take y'all on the adventure with me. Feel free to jump on to the Cassie Birthday Train and join me in any of my adventures.

Here is the game plan:

1.     Write and actually send out 35 hand written letters. I am sooo bad at this, but have been so encouraged by people that do this for me, and I LOVE to receive them... so time to share the birthday love.

2.    Run or walk 3.5 miles everyday.  I have some friends I walk with, and I like to run alone... so I am really hoping to accomplish this. It would get me 122.5 miles closer to that yearly total. ;)

3.    Keep a prayer journal for 35 days. I spend a lot of time in prayer, but the only time I kept a prayer journal was during the year of fasting... so I am going back to it to see what the Lord wants to show me.

4.   Do a Random Act of Kindness everyday leading up to my birthday! I am MOST excited about this one! I already have some fun things planned. Some on my own and some with the fam. It's going to be great!!! I also have 72 people that have pledged to do a RAK in those 35 days... so the goal is 35 states!!! If you want to jump in and do one... I'd love to hear what you did and where. Yeah for spreading the birthday love!!!

The girls made me a birthday chain tonight, and all I could think is "Wow. That is a lot of links." :)

It is going to be such a great year... I just know it.

Thanks for joining me on the journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment